It was articulated in march 2010 that all rental/lease contracts for Dubai properties have to ideally be registered through the ejari online portal. The Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) launched this project to control and simplify Dubai’s rental industry. It efficiently manages the connection between landlords and tenants.
What Exactly does Ejari Mean?
Ejari is an Arabic phrase that means “my rent,” but in this context, it refers to a system in UAE that governs the contract between landlords and tenants. It was first released in 2007 and made mandatory in 2010. This approach promotes transparency between the landlord and the tenant, fully incorporates rental contracts into the legal framework, and allows for easy contract revision in the event of a dispute.
The system is in place to ensure that all private rental contracts are legally binding and structured in accordance with government guidelines.
There are a few things to think about before signing up with ejari
- Calculate the cost by considering the size of the property and the construction.
- Make sure your prior ejari has been canceled.
- Have knowledge about the ejari renewal process.
- Make sure you have all of the necessary documentation for ejari registration.
How can you Register for Ejari?
For Ejari Registration in Dubai, there are two options available: visiting a facility or using the internet portal, both of which are quick and easy.
For Online registration you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The Dubai REST application can be downloaded.
- Select ‘RERA’ from the ‘Services’ option.
- Select ‘Register Ejari Contract’ from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the application.
- Attach and submit the relevant documentation.
If you want to register offline, you need to visit the office with all the necessary documents and processing costs.
You can also choose IBG Consulting for hassle-free Ejari registration services in Dubai/UAE for your business establishment needs, as we are there to handle all of your papers, costs, and other processes.
EJARI REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
You must present the following documentation while applying through Ejari centers:
- A copy of your passport (including residence visa)
- Your Emirates ID number
- The tenancy agreement
- Copy of the rented property’s title deed (landlord will provide)
- Recent Dewa bill (for renewal) or receipt of connection deposit (in case of a new contract)
- Landlord’s passport (occasionally they’ll bring it with you or send it through a broker/agent)
- A copy of the trade license is required for business companies.
Who is Responsible for Ejari Registration?
Once the tenancy contract is signed, both the renter and the landlord are responsible for registering Ejari. The process, however, is performed by the renter, who is also responsible for the cost.
Besides this, it has certain benefits too –
- As a tenant, it can assist you in conducting the necessary background check on the landlord and the property by asking for historical data, allowing you to better understand the terms of your lease.
- There is no scope for either the landlord or the tenant to commit fraud or tamper with paperwork, which clarifies matters if there is a future dispute.
- It aids in the suppression of unlawful housing and unjust real estate exploitation.
- The Ejari system ensures that landlords and tenants have a good working relationship.
But why is it considered important and a mandatory thing?
Ejari is regarded as important and mandatory because it is the contract that protects your right to go to court if you have any issues with your landlord, and have the court look into your case. The court will immediately dismiss your lawsuit if you are not registered with Ejari. It also safeguards and organizes all of your data, storing records with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) and the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA).
How Can IBG Assist?
IBG Consulting, as an expert in simplifying your company document requirements, provides dependable and competent Ejari registration services. From strategy to execution and licensing, we’d assist in streamlining processes and ensuring that they were completed on time.
Our professionals ensure that significant components of your business documents and processes are highlighted so that you may focus on your business while also being aware of the risks. Apart from that, we ensure creativity and transparency in order to provide a firm foundation for our clients’ business establishment needs.
With the growing number of businesses and its complexities, people have begun to take Ejari services in Dubai and elsewhere to help their businesses grow. Please contact us if you have any questions about ejari registration or other services that will help you plan for a successful launch while following legal procedures for your business.