What is Dubai Expo 2020 and what does it mean for the region?
Dubai Expo 2020 is a six-month long event featuring trade exhibition, business innovation and products from around the globe from more than 200 expected participants. The main purpose of hosting such a diverse and innovative event is to strengthen intercultural relations while celebrating global advancement and cultural diversity. Expos are held after a 5-year interval with the previous iterations of the event held in Shanghai in 2010 and Milan in 2015.
But what’s special about this Expo? Firstly, the World Expo has never been held in the Middle East, marking the win against competing bids from Brazil, Turkey and Russia, a major achievement for the region. Secondly, the Expo is the first international event of this scale in the region and is expected to host more than 25 million visitors. Here is a short summary of the event.
- The Expo site Jebel Ali, is a 438 hectare strip under construction with state of the art photovoltaic fabric structure technology based on solar sensitive cells that will power up the event site
- Participants will be accommodated in the Expo Village which will support more than 2,100 residential units with different recreational and shopping facilities
- The site will host more than 180 country pavilions which will give independent room to each of the participants unlike ever before
- The Al Wasl Plaza will be the heart of the site and the point of convergence for different themes. It will also be the center for opening and closing ceremony of the six-month event
- The event is estimated to generate more than 300,000 new jobs in various sectors relating to construction, tourism and hospitality
What are the advantages of setting up your business in UAE before 2020 Expo?
The reason why the 2020 Dubai Expo has become pivotal for UAE is because it is expected to provide a major boost to the tourism sector – both leisure and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions) tourism in the country, while having a positive impact on other areas of the economy as well. The government has predicted an investment of almost USD 7 billion on the infrastructure required for Expo 2020, which will provide a natural push to the employment generation in UAE.
Ensuring that your business is setup before the 2020 Expo will give you an advantage on the professional and personal front, as both the commercial & residential real estate prices are expected to go up as we get closer to 2020. Another reason to setup your business with IBG at the earliest is that the UAE Govt. will give its undivided attention to the Expo as it gets closer, which may lead to unexpected delays on certain fronts. Filing for visas and registering licenses may take longer than the average expected time for free zone, mainland or offshore companies. This is where you will need professional help.
How can IBG Consulting take care of your business setup needs?
IBG consulting is a premier business setup agency focused on helping investors and entrepreneurs get the best company formation solutions in UAE. We can help you transform your corporate vision into reality with the most worthwhile and effective business setup plans. As Dubai Expo closes in, new investments, ideas and ventures have already started pouring in with promising prospects. IBG Consulting can help you secure your company presence through professional consulting and agile company formation services in all zones throughout UAE before the Dubai 2020 Expo.